Academic visitors to the Department of Paediatrics are an important part of our activities, we welcome applications from academics, researcher and students.
Types of visitors
All people falling into the below categories:
- A senior academic carrying out their own research within the department and not employed on a departmentally- managed project
- An academic coming to collaborate on University – hosted research
- A researcher employed elsewhere coming to the department for collaborative purposes
- A student from another institution working on a temporary basis with academic staff in the Department of Paediatrics
- A student on a summer internship
VISITORS DO NOT INCLUDE:
- A speaker coming for a seminar (a visa invitation letter may still be required)
- A work experience school student
- A student who is already registered at the University of Oxford
If you wish to visit the Department of Paediatrics, then please email the HR Team stating the following information;
- Your name and contact details
- Confirmation of the funding source for your visit (if you are funded)
- Who/ which research team you will be visiting
- Proposed length of stay for your visit
- Description of the purpose of your visit
- If you need a visa – further information can be provided if this is the case
All visitors are requested to send a copy of the photo page of your passport or ID and visa details if required. When you arrive in the department we will need to see you’re original documentation.
Resources & Guidance
EU, EEA & Swiss nationals
From the 1 January 2021 all EU, EEA and Swiss nationals visiting a department/ faculty or college, that have not been resident in the UK before 31 December 2020, will need to enter the UK under the appropriate visitor visa route. The activities they undertake will need to meet the permitted activities and an invitation letter must be issued prior to their visit.
Information for EU, EEA and Swiss nationals resident in the UK before the end of the transition period can be found on the Brexit pages.